We love the melt-in-your-mouth texture of the shrimp next to crispness of the peas. The slight sweet of the snap peas and shrimp, combined with the ginger and spice of this dish is the perfect pairing for our lightly floral, lightly sweet and off dry Profile Three.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 small scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Steamed rice, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock with the soy sauce, Chinese chile-garlic sauce and cornstarch.
In a large nonstick skillet, wok or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, heat the vegetable oil until hot. Add the ginger and stir-fry over medium-high heat until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Toss in the snow peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently and until ginger begins to brown.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Whisk the chile sauce, add it to the skillet and stir-fry until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute longer.
Serve with steamed rice.
Use code: UNBOXT for $20 off your first order
SHOP OUR WINES >>>