An easygoing charmer, this light bodied and dry red wine has notes of dark berries, a bit of an earthy vibe and goes with nearly everything. We’re loving these simple but elegant recipes that work just as well for a romantic dinner for two under the summer sky or a fun gathering of friends and family.
BURRATA, BASIL AND WATERMELON SALAD
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 8 ounces BelGioioso burrata, liquid drained
- .25 ounces or about 7-10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (reserve 1 tsp for dressing)
- 1/2 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon watermelon juice
- Whisk lime juice, watermelon juice, honey, reserved teaspoon of basil and oil together until honey is dissolved.
- Lay arugula on a large platter or separate equally onto individual plates.
- Toss melon, basil and cucumber mixture with dressing to coat, reserving some to drizzle as garnish.
- Arrange melon mixture on top of arugula.
- Top with generous dollop of burrata.
- Season with cracked pepper, any remaining vinaigrette and a few whole basil leaves.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (can used mixed for more color)
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 24 ounces total)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 slices thick-cut deli or fresh mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine everything for the tomato basil topping. Coat the tomatoes evenly and set aside.
- In a large bowl gently coat chicken with olive oil, herbs, spices, salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large cast iron or other skillet on high. Add chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned and cooked completely through.
- During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of mozzarella on each chicken breast and allow to melt.
- Remove chicken to a platter or cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with tomato and basil mixture and serve.
FRESH STRAWBERRY NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (reserve a few for garnish if you like)
- Wash and trim strawberries, then cut into quarters.
- Gently press with a fork to release a little juice and soften them slightly.
- In a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, whip cream and milk on high until it forms stiff peaks. Stop as soon as peaks form and be careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in strawberries until well combined.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container.
- Cover and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with a few whole or sliced strawberries.